Friday, July 15, 2005

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

You don't really feel any different. Everyday you go about your business in the same manner that you would have before you fertilized an egg but every now and then a subtle change in behaviour rocks you to your core. I don't know if it is maturity or being more responsible but these little decisions are so far away from your normal thought processes that it makes me wonder how many changes I am about to experience. Will I recognize the care-free me when I am through this process?

Last night was the final day of voting on our collective agreement for my employer. As with any contract negotiations there is some positive news and some negative news. In my past I would have turned down this agreement for the sheer fun of it, just to be a little rebellious. Wouldn't it be cool to walk the picket line and sing union songs? I've never done that before. Last night, however, it never crossed my mind to vote the contract down. I defended the contract to any coworkers that would listen. I have a pregnant wife at home and I need this job.

Maybe it is more responsible. I hope that I am not more mature. At my age I will need all the immaturity I can get to keep up with my kids. Either way, these changes in decision making, in lifestyle choices and in life in general, as subtle as they are, really blindside you. I am a different person than I was 16 weeks and 5 days ago. Thankfully my wife still likes the new me. She may even like me better.



P.S. Sorry about the delay in posts. My internet was down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter