Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Baby Signs Look Like Fun

I'm not sure if you can tell yet but I am really excited about being a Dad. I can't wait for the baby to get here. Sometimes I look at other babies and think to myself when does the fun begin? They all seem to sleep, eat, poop, sleep etc. How long do I have to wait before I start climbing trees with them? When do we watch them play sports? When can I first have my first real conversation with my child?

In Meet The Folkers Robert Deniro plays an obsessive grandfather who has taught his grandson how to use sign language before he can speak. It was cute and funny, but was it real? Then while perusing the local Chapters bookstore I came across the book Baby Signs and read the whole thing from cover to cover while sitting in the store (I never did have to buy the book). I was hooked on the idea of teaching our kid how to sign. How hard could it be? So now I am impatiently waiting for the opportunity to sign with my child but Cletus is taking his/her time and refuses to develop any more quickly.

(Whispering to my wife's belly) "Really Cletus, those 'other' kids need 9 months to develop but you are soooo much better than them. I am sure you can complete your development in 6 months and we can be signing with each other by the end of the year. I have a lot to share with you my child."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter