Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I Bought Paint

I guess I have run out of excuses. I keep trying to put off the actual work involved in setting up a baby room but my wife is on to me. No more can I avoid putting compound on the wall by encouraging a visit to the baby furniture store. I am unable to convince her that I lack the necessary equipment to paint a room, such as a brush, or even paint. Now I must bite the bullet and paint the room...

...tomorrow. Tonight I talked her into grocery shopping.

I am the best sales person you know. Cletus can learn much from me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun painting. :) I found an interesting thing about how a woman's mind operates while my wife was pregnant. When we first started discussing color choices my first pick was a light to medium green. Uh uh, "She Who Must Be Obeyed" was having none of that. She absolutely *hated* the idea of any shade of green in the room. Nothing was decided. Fast-forward a few weeks and we're in the hardware store looking at paint chips. She instantly falls in love with a color called "seafoam green". A little lighter green then I had envisioned. Naturally she claimed to not have any recollection of our conversation of a few weeks before. I went back later and picked up a couple of gallons of Cactus Green and wouldn't let her into the room until it was done. She of course loves it.

This worked several times during the pregancy (and afterwards truth be told [g]). When she shoots down an idea of mine some time later she bounces back the same idea to me like she thought of it herself.

5:40 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U know, I've been reading about you buying paint for the last fe days now S......are u losing site in keeping the world up dated on Cletus? I really hope that all is well. I'll stop by and say hi sometime during the week.

Ms.Texas

9:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter