Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Wallpaper is Freaking Expensive

Last weekend my wife and I decided to spend some time at Colour Your World looking at wallpaper designs to see if we could find something fun for Cletus. It was really neat to see the creative designs available and we found a couple prints that would make decoration quite simple. It is brilliant how they put three or four different prints together to show a 'finished' look. They make it so easy to know which rolls to order by just looking at the back of the page.

What makes these companies even smarter is they stack these prints in groups of ten to twenty..........thousand. Each book weighs more than our Mini and the chore of flipping to the back of the book to check the pricing requires you to hire a small team of Tibetan sherpas or you can guarantee yourself a trip to the emergency room to treat your new hernia.

Once Chok-pa, Lhak-pa and Phur-ba (real Tibetan Sherpa names, just ask my wife) succeeded in their task of delivering me safely to the top of that paper mountain I caught a glimpse of the cost of wallpaper. Apparently wallpapering Cletus's room will cost more than buying the freedom of Tibet back from the Chinese. So I have a decision to make; wallpaper Cletus's room or correct political injustices around the globe. Sorry Chok-pa, Lhak-pa and Phur-ba...it's just that...well, you know...genetic fitness?...I mentioned it earlier.

P.S. Mom, do I remember that you love to wallpaper? Cool!!! Give me a call.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, and for an on-topic post... :)

I've never been much of a believer in wallpaper myself. My thoughts kind of won out when my best friend papered his son's room in a baseball motif. Within weeks after the boy learned to walk he also learned to rip paper off the wall. :)

I painted my son's room in "cactus green" and have a Classic Pooh border along the ceiling. I figure by the time he figures out how to climb high enough to rip the border down he'll be too old for Winnie the Pooh on his walls anyway.

5:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter