Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Back To Normal...Well Not Quite

Sorry about the delay. Since my last post I have completed moving everything into the new house, 80% of it is organized and only the painful parts remain. It appears that we have moved into the house from hell however we are both very happy here so far. Especially considering the run of crap we've had to deal with.

18 times I have had to reset one of our circuit breakers as the electrical upgrades done were completed by an idiot. The dryer doesn't work. The toilet was leaking. The outlet in our room is faulty. The dishwasher door falls to the ground. To top it all off I have become a professional bat catcher. I can catch any in-flight bat in an enclosed space within 15 seconds. The speed with which I catch the bat will have a direct impact on the bats chances of survival. The last bat was caught quickly and that is not good for the bat.

Even with all this, however, we are really positive. I guess all of the bad news has been tempered by the fact that...

TOMORROW IS THE 20 WEEK ULTRASOUND!!!

Holy Crap. I am so excited. So much has happened since my last post. The baby kicked. I mean it kicked my wife so hard she knew it. That was a first. We received good news in the form of a call from the doctor telling us that our Integrated Screening Test came back negative for Spina Bifida and Down Syndrome. That is a worthwhile test to take. And now this, our 20 week ultrasound.

It is decision time. Do we want to know the sex of our child? I don't but I have always said that that is my wife's decision. If she wants to know then I will ask the doctor myself. I hope not though.

Bed now. We have the house to ourselves and I am ready for sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter