Monday, September 05, 2005

It Changes Shape

My mind has been elsewhere lately. I have been deeply affected by the coverage of Hurricane Katrina, I was out of town for my grandmothers birthday and I needed to get away for the long weekend. I feel like I may ramble a bit tonight so please accept my apologies.

My wife and I hit a few more garage sales and picked up some more stuff. We grabbed a baby monitor, some more books, clothing and a Winnie The Pooh Halloween costume for next October. My wife was able to find a baby name book that was not yet in our collection so we devoured it (all 2000 names) in one afternoon. It made yesterday a particularly interesting day as we sat around on the back porch with the in-laws and went over baby names.

The other cool thing that happened yesterday was that my wife's belly changed shape. The difference was noticeable when we woke up. We had not seen such a pronounced change before and we were both a little worried about it but we have since been assured that it is normal for a baby to move around. This is a perfect example of what first time parents do not know and what no book in the world will tell us.

People say that "What To Expect When You Are Expecting" can answer any questions about being an expectant parent. Bull Shit. It is a good resource, possibly the best overall book on the market, but I think that every woman should read "Belly Laughs" by Jenny McCarthy. Every first time mom has things happen to her that either freak her our or gross her out and a book that explains reality is well worth the sticker price. The bluntness of "Belly Laughs" is refreshing. In my opinion it is a must read.

If you are hoping for another post tomorrow...





...Good Luck.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

2000 names!! Wow!
Have you and your sweetheart picked out anything yet?

11:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter