Thursday, September 08, 2005

What Does A Baby Dream About?

Last night I had a dream. I guess I dream every night but I rarely remember what my dreams are about. I know that on the rare occasion when I remember parts of my dream I can always relate it to something that happened to me recently. So I woke up today and wondered what Cletus dreams about.

What does a baby dream about?

A dream for a baby could not include any images as Cletus has yet to see anything unless light filtering through a belly is dream-worthy. His/her experience is limited to swimming around in amniotic fluid, the occasional bump from walking (or playing tennis), maybe some reaction to the foods my wife is eating. I don`t know. I think babies sleep and physiology would suggest different levels of sleep should occur, but what can be going on in Cletus`s mind?

I want to get in there and put probes on Cletus`s head so I can see a computer image of his/her dream stages. Brain activity could probably be monitored but I am positive, absolutely positive, that my wife will object to me visiting Cletus in her uterus long enough to insert probes into his skull.

I can`t wait until Cletus is born so I can perform all of these invasive experiments on my child without my wife noticing. There is so much to learn.

Dr. Dad

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreams are often about things that happen to you or from what I read, could be anything from upcomming joys, fears or happenings in life. I was once told that unborn babies dream about sounds that they hear. Kind of like us adults, we hear a sound an remmber it was from a dream or something in our regular daily lives. I think it is awesome how involved you are in the pregnancey, and I assure you that....yeah..she's not going ot be game for all the probes!

2:51 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife and I discuss this kind of stuff pretty regularly, especially after our son would wake up from obviously having a bad dream.

He would sometimes wake up crying even as young as three months old.

What's a nightmare to a three month old, not getting his bottle or diaper changed on time? :)

11:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter